PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit our website, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including data about your web browser, IP address, timezone and some of the cookies installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the website, we gather information about the individual pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to our website and information about how you navigate our website. This information will be henceforth referred to as "Device Information."
We collect the above-mentioned data using the following technologies:
- "Cookies" are data files stored on your device and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- "Log files" monitor actions occurring on the website and collect data like your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring and exit pages and date/time stamps.
- "Web beacons" (also known as "tags" or "pixels") are methods used to track how you navigate the website through callbacks to the server once the page you're visiting has loaded.
Additionally, when you make or attempt to make a purchase through our website, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address and payment information (including credit card numbers, email address, phone number and any information given to us as part of an alternative payment method). We refer to this information as "Order Information."
Please take care when submitting information to us, in particular when completing free text fields on our website, as we cannot recognize if you have accidentally provided us with incorrect or sensitive information.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the Order Information that we collect to fulfill any orders placed through the website (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use your Order Information to:
- communicate with our customers;
- depending on the preferences you share with us, provide you with information or advertising about our products and services;
- review our customer demographics and make informed business decisions according to who our customers are and what they are interested in;
- screen our orders for potential risk or fraud.
We use the collected Device Information to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (particularly your IP address) and generally to improve and optimize our website (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the website and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use it as described above.
We use Shopify to power our online store and connect it to the Facebook and Instagram platforms as well as connected pages (such as our blog). You can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
We also use Google Analytics and Facebook Pixel to help us understand how our customers use the website -- you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. You can review Facebook and Instagram's data policy here: https://www.facebook.com/policy.php.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive or to otherwise protect our rights.
TARGETED ADVERTISING, MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS AND SUBSCRIPTIONS
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may interest you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can check the Network Advertising Initiative's page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the following links:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
- The Digital Advertising Alliance's opt-out portal: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
When you provide us with your contact details, such as when you sign-up on our website or create an account, you may be given the opportunity to receive newsletters, product information and other communications by email from CATS CRADLE. These communications may include, e.g. details about our latest products, services, or events (including upgrades and special offers in which you may be interested). We may also use your information to personalize and to target our marketing communications more effectively.
You can change your marketing communication preferences at any time by:
- changing your account settings;
- following the "unsubscribe" link or instructions provided to you (typically at the bottom of an email);
- sending a written request to unsubscribe directly to us through the contact form on our website or through email at catscradleprovo(@)gmail.com.
Please take note that we may occasionally send you important information about our products and services (such as order confirmations and service changes). These emails are not affected by your marketing communication preferences and/or subscriptions described above.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our website's behavior and data collection practices when we receive a Do Not Track request from your browser.
DATA RETENTION & YOUR RIGHTS
When you place an order through the website, we will maintain your Order Information for our records until you ask us to delete this information.
If you would like to obtain more information about our data handling policy, please contact us through the contact form on our website or through email at catscradleprovo(@)gmail.com.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated or deleted. Additionally, please note we are processing your information in order to fulfill your orders with us or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Be aware that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.